Interdiction for the Protection of Children Training- Montgomery
|Dates:||April 3-4, 2017 Other Dates|
|Meets:||M and Tu from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM 2 sessions|
|Location:||Center for Lifelong Learning 159-160|
Sorry, this course is full. Please call 334-244-3116 or click below to add your name to the waiting list.
Date: April 3-4, 2017
Time: 8 am- 5 pm
Location: AUM The Center for Lifelong Learning
Address: 75 TechnaCenter Drive - Montgomery, AL 36117
16- Contact Hours
INTERDICTION FOR THE PROTECTION OF CHILDREN
INTERDICTION FOR THE PROTECTION OF CHILDREN is designed to make patrol officers aware of
the variety of resources available to assist them in establishing the status of a child who may be
missing, exploited, or at risk of exploitation and what courses of action are immediately available.
• FREE two-day training course • Students are responsible for their own meals •
Upon completion, attendees will:
- Be able to establish the status of a child who may be abducted or endangered
- Know resources available to them and courses of action to take when encountering an endangered child.
- Be able to identify research supported indicators of an endangered child and a high risk threat to children.
- Know the type of questions that need to be asked for a victim centered approach.
- Have a basic understanding of behavioral patterns of both suspects and victims
- Know how to articulate their findings that are supported through research
This seminar is sponsored by AUM's Alabama Crime Prevention Clearinghouse & Training Institute, the Institute for Criminal Justice Education, Inc, Alabama Peace Officers' Association, U.S. Attorney's Office, MDA, and ADECA Law Enforcement Planning/Traffic Safety Division. This training is funded by an ADECA Law Enforcement Planning subgrant #15-DJ-ST-008 awarded to AUM and its Alabama Crime Prevention Clearinghouse. This APOST Certified (12 hour) training seminar will begin at 8:00 a.m. (registration at 7:30), and will end at 5:00 p.m. This seminar is open to law enforcement officers only and there is no cost to attend.
For assistance with registration please contact Margaret Faulkner.
Phone: (334) 244-3116